Following a sizing effort, architecture mapping and SLA design, it’s time to map out the tasks required to accomplish the delivery of a functional and efficient application environment.
Depending on the size of the project, executive sponsorship must exist to create a project plan that includes availability and performance related tasks in every step.
This phase should include:
Proof of Concept (POC)
Migration & Deployment
- Develop, revise project plan and gain approval
- Gather required documentation and OSS notes
- Analyze the source system
- Define the target system
- Obtain tools, licenses and installation package
- What is the customer going to be testing for?
- What will be the duration of the test?
- What applications will they run in the environment?
- What would be considered a successful POC?
- User Personas (Functions and Roles)
- IT/Business Services Delineation
- Application/Transactions Buckets
- Service Level Objectives (SLO) – Availability & KPIs
- Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- SLA/SLO Monitoring, Reporting & Notification Guidelines